The Perfect System
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out there is a new world. Out there is our victory. Out there is our destiny.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Perfect System: a forum devoted completely to everything TRON. Enjoy!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Zaeker (449)
Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" Votele10Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" Votemi10Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" Voteri10 
Zwepo (402)
Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" Votele10Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" Votemi10Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" Voteri10 
Zoe Kaplan (55)
Latest topics
» Gravity Falls Visits the Grid
Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:14 pm by Zaeker

» An impartial observation
Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:12 pm by Zaeker

» The ENCOM Security Guard
Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:11 pm by Zaeker

» Centennial Posts
Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:08 pm by Zaeker

» TRON is gettin' all dark and revenge-y!
Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:55 pm by Zaeker

» Bit, the True Hero of the Grid
Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:22 am by Zwepo

» October? Seriously!?
Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 11:03 am by Zaeker

» I have a game idea!
Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:14 pm by Zaeker

» Who would win?
Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:12 pm by Zaeker

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zaeker
Zaeker
Founder
Founder

Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" Empty
PostSubject: Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn"   Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:21 pm

Yesterday, I undertook a fun project. The project was to convert my web server's old Western Digital 20GB hard drive into a HDD speaker by the end of the day. Long story short, it was a success! Smile I was able to solder some clipped speaker wire to the read/write terminals on the underside of the hard drive's arm. The result? Extremely low-fidelity sound with a dollop of novelty! xD

So, "What's so TRON-y about an HDD speaker?" you ask. To answer that question, I made this video as a little something for all you fellow forum users. Enjoy the treble! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://theperfectsystem.betaboard.net
Zwepo
Zwepo

PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn"   Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:19 am

Lol, I remember playing Creepy Music Box on that little wonder.

... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Zaeker
Zaeker
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn"   Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 12:15 pm

And when it hit that one note-- BRRRRRRT!! That scared the crap out of me...
Back to top Go down
Zwepo
Zwepo

PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn"   Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:54 pm

Just thinking about that made me defile my bed sheets. Have to get the smell out now. Brb...

Done! No more embarrassing "coffee spills" on my bed.

~Posted via 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Zaeker
Zaeker
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn"   Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:18 am

Zwepo wrote:
Just thinking about that made me defile my bed sheets. Have to get the smell out now. Brb...

Done! No more embarrassing "coffee spills" on my bed.

~Posted via 3DS.

That...sounded a bit...suggestive...
Back to top Go down
Zwepo
Zwepo

PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn"   Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:43 am

Maybe... The point is that they are gone.
Back to top Go down
Zaeker
Zaeker
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn"   Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 11:29 am

Lol... TMI, bro.
Back to top Go down
Zwepo
Zwepo

PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn"   Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 10:27 am

So, how's that Biology project coming?
Back to top Go down
Zaeker
Zaeker
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn"   Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:03 pm

Need to re-attach the foam that prevents rattling, as you already know. 0_o
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn"   Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn" Empty

Back to top Go down

Hard Drive Speaker Grooving to "The Son of Flynn"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1